The 2017 New Apple Self-Published Summer E-Book Awards
We've added more categories to this year's Summer E-Book Awards! The most effective way to gain credibility and publicity for your book is through awards and positive reviews. New Apple's Annual Summer E-Book Awards was established to honor the creative achievements of the unsung books fighting for their place within the digital publishing world. Any English language E-Book published within the last two years, currently available for sale as an E-Book by a self-published independent author is eligible for entry. Medalist Honors and Official Selections will be awarded to winners in 30 fiction and non-fiction categories.
CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE ENTRY FORM
Early Bird Entry Deadline - April 30, 2017 - $25 per entry for first category / $10 for each additional category
Final Entry Deadline - June 30, 2017 - $35 per entry for first category / $15 each additional category
All entry payments must be postmarked by June 30, 2017 to be elegible for entry.
• E-Books must be English language and have publication dates between January 1, 2015 and June 30, 2017
• E-Books must be available for sale (E-Books currently available for $0.00 are also eligible) and intended for readers in the North American market. (International books are fine as long as they are in English language)
• E-Books must be either self-published or associated with a small press (defined as releasing less than 25 novels per year).
• The New Apple Book Awards selection committee reserves the right to determine the eligibility of all entries.
• E-Books with additonal available formats (such as print or audiobook) are eligible for entry but the digital format copy will be the only edition considered for judging.
• Books must be available in E-Book format and submitted in digital form (doc or pdf) or gifted through an appropriate online reseller.
• New Apple employees and members of the New Apple independent panel of judges are not eligible for entry.
• Each category that receives eligible entries will have a ‘Medalist Winner’ as selected by the category’s independent panel of judges.
In some cases, the category’s panel of judges will also choose up to three 'Official Selections' when they feel the books merit recognition. When the panel of judges are unable to come to a clear decision on which book should be selected as the solo ‘Medalist Winner’, a secondary panel will be asked to judge the first panel’s ‘Official Selections’ to pick the ‘Medalist Winner’.
• The ‘Medalist Winner’ of each category will receive a high resolution digital format New Apple Winner medallion (for cover placement, winner’s website or promotional materials), a New Apple Winner’s Certificate suitable for framing and a year’s worth of online exposure through NewAppleLiterary.com and the official New Apple twitter feed, @NewAppleAwards. Each ‘Medalist Winner’ will be announced individually through press releases distributed by New Apple Literary Services.
• 'Official Selections' will receive a high resolution digital format New Apple Winner medallion (for cover placement, winner’s website or promotional materials), a New Apple Winner’s Certificate suitable for framing and a year’s worth of online exposure through NewAppleLiterary.com and the official New Apple twitter feed, @NewAppleAwards.
• All books are judged by an independent panel of judges. We do not publish the names of our judges to protect their privacy.
• All entries and their payments must be received no later than June 30, 2017.
• All Early Bird entries and their payments must be received no later than April 30, 2017.
• All entry payments must be in USD.
• Make all checks payable to "New Apple" or pay online with MasterCard, Visa, Discover or AMEX.
• All sales are final. There are no refunds. New Apple reserves the right to refuse any entry deemed ineligible.
• All entries will be notified by email when their entry and/or payment has been received.
• All Medalist Winners and Official Selections will be notified by email by August 15, 2017.
Entry Fees and Submission Rules:
• Earlybird entry (must be received by April 30, 2017) into a single category is $25 with each additional category costing $10.
• General entry (received between May 1, 2017 and June 30, 2017) into a single category is $35 with each additional category costing $15.
• Each E-Book can be entered into no more than five categories.
• Limit to one category win per entry. In the event that a book is selected for honors in two categories by two different panels of judges, the book will receive the award that is highest (Medalist versus Official Selection), if the honors are equal the book will receive the award that the panel decides best suits the book. All decisions are final.
• All shipping and handling costs must be covered by the entrant.
E-Book entries must be submitted in pdf or doc format and emailed to email@example.com.
Each email E-Book entry must include a scanned copy of the entry form and either check number (if mailing payment) or proof of online transaction.
Send mailed entries to:
New Apple Book Awards
PO Box 332
West Milton, OH 45383
2017 New Apple Awards for Excellence in Independent Publishing Categories:
Surviving Cancer: Our Voices & Choices
A Collaboration Compiled and Illustrated by Marion Behr
available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble
"Anyone who hears the dreaded, 'You have cancer', needs to read this. Professionals, survivors, caregivers, doctors... sharing their stories and offering information and hope."
- Pat Buzby (Goodreads)
I Can See You
by Joss Landry
in stores now!
Winner of New Apple's 2015 BEST NEW FICTION
Ten-year old Emma agrees to help Hank find a murderer. Only, the madman knows who she is.
Now, there's new evidence and an unlikely suspect: the woman he loves...
"…a haunting detective novel that handles the issue of child abduction with grace."
Read I Can See You.
Upcoming book release or promotion?
Click here to advertise with New Apple.
Affordable solutions help drive traffic to your site.
• Kirkus Reviews
• Xpresso Book Tours
• NOOK Press
• Audiobook Creation Exchange
Are you on our Mailing List?